Students are expected to wear the school uniform as stated, since this is an outward sign of their acceptance of the ethos and values of the school.
We want our students to feel proud to be part of Noadswood. The wearing of school uniform enables them to identify with the school and to look smart. The school has achieved a high standard in this respect and we feel sure that parents will wish to cooperate in maintaining it.
Girls who choose to wear a skirt to school must wear the stipulated skirt available for purchase from Skoolkit. From September 2016, boys’ and girls’ trousers will also have to be purchased from Skoolkit. A choice of styles are available.
(not to be worn inside school during day)
- Top coat (not denim) of suitable style and material (optional)
- Plain scarf in one of the school colours (optional)
(no hoodies or cardigans)
- Black blazer with school badge
- Plain white shirt
- Skoolkit SSK 303 Pleat Skirt with black tights or
- Skoolkit plain black trousers (3 styles available for boys and for girls) with socks (plain black or white)
- Black belt (optional; plain buckle, no more than 3cm wide)
- School tie
- Black v-neck sweater (optional)
- Black shoes with heels of no more than 5cm (no boots, stiletto heels, sandals, trainers or other sports shoes or canvas shoes)
- School rugby shirt
- Plain black shorts
- Knee-length red socks
- Gum shield
- Plain white t-shirt or white polo shirt with school badge from Skoolkit - Re-Active Polo Shirt – Years 7-9
- Black polo shirt with school badge from Skoolkit – G920 Unisex PE Polo Shirt – Years 10-11
- Black shorts
- White socks
- Training shoes
- Football boots
- Plain black sweat top
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms
No jewellery is allowed, for safety and security reasons, other than:
- One wrist watch (optional)
- One plain stud earring in each ear lobe (optional);
Nose studs and eyebrow studs are forbidden and any other form of visible body piercing is not permitted. (Please note it is not acceptable to cover inappropriate jewellery or piercings with a plaster)
Suitable length, natural colour (not bleached) and kept tidy; no extensions, tramlines or beadings are allowed.
No make-up or nail varnish.
A suitable bag for school, not a handbag.
Noadswood School uniform can be purchased from the Skoolkit website – www.skoolkit.co.uk or by going to their branch at Unit 1, Totton Shopping Centre, 1 Commercial Rd, Totton, SO40 3BX. Please be aware that the Eastleigh store no longer stocks the Noadswood uniform.
When buying items from other suppliers please check carefully that they meet the criteria above as not all items in ‘back to school’ ranges comply with Noadswood uniform regulations.