Free School Meals
To all parents/carers
If you are receiving any of the following your child may be entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit. If you are entitled to any part of working tax credit there is no eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
New Online Free School Meal Eligibility Checking
Hampshire County Council Catering Services (HC3S) has launched a new online service so parents can check their eligibility for free school meals themselves.
This self-service option is available at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants
All you need to do is enter your name, contact details, National Insurance number, child’s name and date of birth and the name of the school. Press ‘submit’ and you will find out if you are eligible.
If your result comes back ‘found’, this means your child is eligible for free school meals and the system automatically tells the school. Your child is then entitled to receive £2.15 a day (as at April 2017) which is automatically loaded onto their canteen account.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence and will only be used for school entitlement purposes, with no further details disclosed to any other source other than the Department of Education. Your cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated by the School.