There are currently no vacancies.
Working with Us
Why come to join us at Noadswood School?
Our school mission:
‘Through excellent teaching and meaningful partnerships, we will provide a sustainable and exciting learning environment, so that pupils are successful in reaching their full potential as learners and citizens’
Noadswood is a successful 11-16 mixed Academy with around 1000 pupils on roll. The school is situated in a pleasant village, a short distance from the New Forest and the Waterside and is on a large, green site. We have very well-appointed facilities including dedicated teaching spaces for all specialist subjects. The school enjoys enthusiastic staff, governor and parental involvement and has an active commitment to colleague professional development for teaching and support staff.
We are a community that thrives on providing a warm welcome, care and kindness, combined with holding the highest expectations for everyone, but without fear. We believe in mutual respect, support and accountability. The Leadership Team is a cohesive, loyal and energetic one whose work is characterised by its dynamism, tenacity and desire for the best for everyone. Every visitor comments on the terrific working relationships they see between all pupils and all adults in our school, whenever they drop in to see parts of the school at work, and this is very precious to us.
At our last Ofsted (March 2017) the team remarked that we offer a ‘high-quality and challenging education for every pupil’ and that ‘Pupils are kind and respectful to each other and their teachers’. It also noted that there is ‘strong leadership of the curriculum and teaching and learning’. We strive to make learning exciting, encouraging innovative approaches to both teaching and learning; our School Improvement Objectives and Professional Development Programme are firmly based in the development of excellent pedagogy for the best outcomes for all pupils.
We are engaged at the forefront of a number of national educational projects, rich in evidence based research, and all of our staff are involved in professional learning and in action research aimed at school improvement. We strongly believe that this is at the core of an excellent school and in recent years many colleagues have completed Masters level courses and enrolled on national development programmes.
We are an outward looking school, embracing a host of opportunities to collaborate with other Primary and Secondary schools in our area and in our county, and this menu of opportunities is increasing all the time.
To enrich our pedagogy and our learning climate still further, we are working together on bespoke Noadswood professional learning around:
- Pivotal Education’s Five Pillars of
- John Hattie’s Visible Learning research
- PiXL’s Thinking Hard research
- Curriculum philosophy as per the work of Daisy Christodolou, Christine Counsell and others
- VESPA (Vision, Effort, Systems, Practice, Attitude) and the work of Martin Griffin and Steve Oakes from the Blue Coat School on Positive Mindset for excellent outcomes
All of this learning is enshrined in our ambition for pedagogy, captured in our Teaching and Learning Policy and carried out not because ‘we aren’t good enough’, but because ‘we can be the very best and we’re not there yet’.
There are equally vast numbers of opportunities to lead and join in with enrichment visits and activities, as well as to be part of a school that is top class at sport, and has a thriving culture of music, drama, dance, arts and literature – the teaching, learning and enrichment worlds are your oyster from Noadswood.
The school is situated in an extremely pleasant area on the “Waterside”, a coastal strip with Southampton Water on one side and the New Forest National Park on the other. It is easy to access, Southampton is close by and we have staff who travel in from Bournemouth in the West, Salisbury and Winchester to the North, and Portsmouth in the East.
The school environment itself is a beautifully landscaped one, rich in outdoor space and specialist facilities, and it is looked after carefully by pupils, site team, with a real creativity underpinning our plans for every part of it to respond brilliantly to the needs of our pupils.
We are proud of what we achieve in our school:
- Excellent outcomes in Science and real strength in the core subjects of Maths and English;
- A curriculum that captures the interests and energies of many of our pupils, equipping them with knowledge, skills and empathy vital for their futures, and producing success in subjects such as Dance, Child Development, Health and Social Care;
- Research rich practice, improving our outcomes in the EBACC suite of subjects, and providing our pedagogy with renewed rigour because of the commitment to their learning of colleagues;
- Strong relationships between many adults in all parts of the school and many pupils, enabling young people to pursue learning with ambition and to receive support when they need it;
- An authentic commitment to the successful inclusion of all, at all levels of the school, and a spirit to persevere with every child, no matter their resistance and challenges;
- An established and vibrant House system that is believed in and supported passionately by many pupils, parents and colleagues;
- Tenacity in our partnerships with parents, carers, local agencies and the local community, always thinking anew about how to garner the very most meaningful dialogue and shared approaches between all parties in the name of all children’s success.
We look forward to your application to join us – you will benefit from all that is above, and have real impact on our next strides for success.
Career Development Opportunities:
Trainees at Noadswood
We have a very strong link with Southampton University through the PGCE programme and 2 School Alliances: SPELL based at Ringwood and SUPA where we are the lead school. We also have PE trainees through Chichester University.
Part of any training route includes having a Subject Mentor and Professional Tutor, the mentor supports the trainee with lesson planning and subject knowledge and works alongside to set targets and ensure they gain a positive experience in the classroom and within their department. The Professional Tutor oversees all training routes and coordinates professional learning outside of their subject, for example behaviour management.
Over the last 5 years all of our trainees have been successful in getting teaching jobs, and some have remained at Noadswood.
Newly Qualified and Recently Qualified Teachers:
In school there is a comprehensive induction programme for NQTs and CPD sessions are run throughout the year after school as well. Each NQT has a subject mentor who supports them through their first year of teaching with regular meetings, lesson observations and help with any planning and subject knowledge.
Our team of Lead Practitioners devise bespoke CPD for all our staff, including for new colleagues.
Middle Leaders/Senior leaders:
We provide Middle and Senior Leaders with the opportunity to complete high quality professional learning such as the NPQML and NPQSL courses, Hampshire’s successful ‘Future Changemakers’ and ‘Aspiring Senior Leaders’ Programme which have helped some in gaining promotion to Assistant Head and Subject Leadership posts.
We also provide a rich calendar of professional learning within school, co-ordinated by the Leadership and Lead Practitioner teams, and we frequently have teachers undertaking Masters’ degrees in Education through Winchester university. Several have completed their MAs over the last 6 years, and have been supported by the school in terms of time, financial assistance and opportunities given to cascade their learning to others.