Dear parent or guardian,
We are writing to confirm that we have, this morning, had a confirmed positive case of coronavirus (COVID-19) via a home lateral flow test, and in-line with national guidance, that person along must stay at home and self-isolate until 3pm Friday 9th April 2021 (10 days after symptoms / positive test).
YOUR CHILD HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED AS SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TO SELF-ISOLATE
We have also followed the national guidance to identify the children and adults who have potentially been in close contact with an affected individual, and in line with that guidance, those people must now stay at home and self-isolate until 3pm Friday 9th April 2021 (10 days after contact).
A reminder of Government definitions of close contact to which we must work
The criteria is set out below and has been taken directly from government documentation:
Who is a contact?
A ‘contact’ is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 anytime from 2 days before the person was symptomatic up to 10 days from onset of symptoms (this is when they are infectious to others). For example, a contact can be:
- people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
- being coughed on
- having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
- having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
- contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
- a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes
- a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
If we do not contact you about your child needing to self-isolate under the guidance above from all of the information we have, but your child knows of the person who has tested positive and they know/believe that they have been a close contact in accordance with the government criteria, or you have another reason to believe your child needs to continue to self-isolate with respect to this confirmed case, then please keep them at home - simply contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to explain their self-isolation.
We will pass on everyone's best wishes to the family of the person with the confirmed case, as I know you would want.