The video below has been produced by the UK Government to describe the lateral-flow procedure (twice weekly and additional home kits):
Student Testing - Visual
This guide is to inform Noadswood students how the swab will work in January - though a little uncomfortable it is a rapid test which will allow test and trace to be more effective (as well as allowing you to continue to study at Noadswood, even if someone in your bubble has tested positive for Covid-19).
Our thanks to all the Parents and Guardians who have supplied consent. If you wish to change your consent or have not completed, please use the form below (click link).
Consent - Students
NHS Test and Trace consent form for COVID-19 testing
This common consent form has been designed for use by parents and guardians of students
For Noadswood students - the digital form above must be completed by the parent or legal guardian
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by Noadswood about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily (via firstname.lastname@example.org), based on the information presented
- I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
- I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my child's results are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by Noadswood except where they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing, which shall be sent the same day to an NHS Test and Trace laboratory.
- I consent that they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
- I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to Noadswood (via email@example.com) and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
- I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but my child has tested negative, they will continue to attend Noadswood but will be tested every day for 7 days